Rules & Regulations
VENDOR RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Definition of “Management”: The word “Management” used herein or in subsequent regulations shall mean Tinley Park Golf Expo, agents or employees acting for it, in management of the Show. TPGE shall have full power in the interpretation and enforcement of the rules contained herein, and the power to make, from time to time, such amendments thereto as they deem necessary for the proper conduct of the show.
2. Display/Staffing Requirement: Each Exhibitor must keep an attendant in their display during the advertised hours of the show.
3. Payment for Space: A deposit of 50% is payable at the time the signed contract is received by Management. No space assignment will be made unless the contract is accompanied by the 50% deposit or by full payment. All funds due by December 1, 2017. Make checks payable to Tinley Park Golf Expo, and mail it along with a signed and dated contract to 14602 Aspen St. Orland Park, IL 60462. A $50 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
4. Character of Exhibits: Management reserves the right to decline or prohibit any exhibit or to prohibit any activity in an exhibit, which in its opinion, is not suitable for the Show. This reservation concerns persons, things, decorations, conduct, printed matter, souvenirs, catalogs and all other things, which affect the character of the Show. Management reserves the right to limit the number of companies exhibiting similar or related product lines. Furthermore, Management cannot guarantee that companies exhibiting similar products or a company’s competitor will not be located in a nearby or adjoining space. New pricing signs must be made if price changes.
5. Construction of Booth: All tables must be professionally skirted. All merchandise must stay within the confines of the booth space. Exhibitors shall arrange the booth so as not to block the general view of neighboring Exhibitors. No part of any display, including signage, shall be in excess of twelve feet in height and any portion of the display more than three feet in height shall not extend more than half the distance from the space back line toward the front line. Peninsula or island type displays, to form a walkthrough exhibit, are permitted and may occur at the end of a row or in the middle of any block of space, but must consist of an equal number of spaces (totaling four or more) placed back to back. Any portion of back or sidewall construction, which adjoins a neighboring space, may not extend more than half the distance from the back line to the aisle. The remaining distance cannot exceed three feet in height. Absolutely no packaging cardboard is to be used in the display or construction of any booth.
6.Care of Exhibit Space: The exhibitor shall care for and keep in good order space occupied by him. Management will sweep aisles each day during closed hours, but this service does not include booth cleaning. An exhibitor is not to put anything in the aisles during the open hours of the show. All business activities of Exhibitors, while at the Show, must be within his own exhibit space. Exhibitor must surrender space by him to Management in the same condition as it was at the start of occupation. The exhibitor will be liable for any damages to space occupied or equipment furnished. Helium balloons are not permitted to be given out inside the facilities. Show Management must approve the use of helium balloons for display purposes.
7.Installations & Removal of Exhibits: Any exhibits not removed on a timely basis will be removed and stored at the Exhibitor’s expense. The set- up and breakdown schedules must be strictly adhered to for the safety and convenience of all exhibitors and the timely presentation of the Show. Installation and removal of exhibits shall be made at the expense of the exhibitor. Requests for special services should be made in writing at least fifteen (15) days prior to the Show opening. Anyone arriving late, leaving before closing or breaking down during show hours may be refused entrance to future Shows.
8. Subletting /Sharing Both Space: No Exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted to it, nor shall any Exhibitor display therein any other goods, apparatus, material or service that is not manufactured or distributed by the Exhibitor in the regular course of its business or allow any other person or party to do so.
9. Past Due Fees: Exhibitor agrees to pay an interest rate of 1.5% per month (18% per annum), on all past due fees. Exhibitor also agrees to pay all collection costs of Management, including attorney fees and court costs.
10. Security: Management will employ overall guard service during the course of the Show, but assumes no liability for loss or damage by any cause.
11. Soliciting /Canvassing: No person, firm or organization not having regularly contracted with the Management for the occupancy of space at the show will be permitted to display or demonstrate any products, processes or services, solicit orders or distribute advertising material at the Show. Any infringement of this regulation will result in the prompt removal of the offending person from the exposition building.
12. Liability: Exhibitor acknowledges that TPGE, its officers, employees or agents, shall not have any liability for any personal injury to the Exhibitor or its officers, agents or employees or to any other person in attendance or for any damage to any property of the Exhibitor or any of its officers, agents or employees, and are not responsible for any loss or theft of Exhibitor’s merchandise or equipment during any period of the Show or during set-up or dismantling. The exhibitor understands and agrees that Management’s security service is a presence to inhibit theft. Tinley Park Golf Expo, and its agent do not maintain insurance covering Exhibitors property. It is recommended that each Exhibitor purchase insurance covering public liability and loss, including damage and theft to protect against possible claims arising out of the operation of its exhibit.
13. Proof of Insurance: Exhibitors having demonstrations or activities involving club swinging within the confines of their booth, or any other potentially dangerous situation, will be required to maintain liability insurance having general aggregate limits of not less than $1,000,000 and naming Tinley Park Golf Expo, and the Show facility as additional insured during the term of the Agreement. A valid Certificate of Insurance evidencing such coverage must be provided to Management fifteen (15) days prior to the start of the Show.
14. Sound/Music Devices: Exhibitors shall not use music from any source, which requires permission from the copyright owner unless they have obtained a license to perform such music, and provide Management with a fully executed copy of the License Agreement. The use of sound devices, megaphones, loud speakers, radio sets or any other method of sound reproduction is permissible, but must be controlled so as to not disturb neighboring exhibitors.
15. Permits/Licenses: Exhibitor shall abide by and observe all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, all rules of the Show facility, all union regulations and shall obtain all necessary permits or licenses at Exhibitor’s cost.
16. Food and Beverages: The sale, distribution or dispensing of food, drinks, or tobacco without the written consent of Management is strictly prohibited.
17. Copyright [Trademark Infringement]: Management strictly prohibits the sale or display of merchandise, which infringes upon any trademark, copyright, patent, and license of character, logo, name or symbol.
18. Violations: In the event an Exhibitor violates any provision of this Agreement, Management shall have the right to cancel this Agreement; remove, close or eliminate an exhibit; and refuse future participation in any other Shows managed by TPGE.
19. Eventualities: Should the Show be canceled or postponed by reason of an act of God, catastrophe or other occurrence or event beyond the control of the Show, Exhibitors will be refunded only that portion of its payment that remains after the Show pays all expenses and losses caused by such cancellations or postponement. Management makes reasonable attempts to attract qualified attendees to its Show, but does not guarantee specific volumes or levels of attendees.
20. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements: Exhibitor agrees to comply with applicable ADA requirements and agrees to hold Management harmless from and indemnify them against all claims that may be brought against Exhibitor on the basis of the Exhibitor’s noncompliance with ADA requirements.
21. Prizes, Awards, Drawings, Etc.: Prizes, awards, drawings or contests of any kind that require persons to register in an Exhibitor’s booth, must be submitted to Management for approval in writing at least one month prior to the start of the Show.
22. Exhibitor Cash Sales: Exhibitor agrees that all cash sales made during the Show are his sole responsibility and shall be duly reported in accordance with sales tax regulations of the state and city in which the Show is held. Receipts must be given for all sales.
23. Governing Laws and Forum: This Agreement is deemed to be entered into in the State of Illinois and governed by laws of the State of Illinois. Exhibitor consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Illinois for the resolution of any and all disputes and claims arising out of and/or relating to this Agreement.
24. Cancellation: The Exhibitor specifically recognizes and acknowledges that Management will be harmed if the Exhibitor cancels its exhibit space after it has been assigned and confirmed by Management. If the Exhibitor desires to cancel this Contract, Exhibitor may only do so by giving notice in writing to Management. Cancellations received prior to December 1, 2017, will receive a 50% refund less $75 administrative fee. Cancellations made after December 1, 2017, will receive no refund for any reason. All funds due by December 1, 2017